Lead generation has an important place in your overall marketing strategy.
Lead generation is how you find and make a connection with your ideal audience—those who are looking for your product or service.
An in-house email list is an extremely valuable marketing tool. When you do it right, this is a list of people who’ve willingly given you their name and permission into their inbox. You’ve already started a relationship with them.
The way you build and grow your email list is through lead generation campaigns.
What are the Moving Parts of a Lead Gen Campaign?
A successful lead generation campaign is made up of several parts that all work together:
- Ad(s)—Social media ads can be fine-tuned to your audience in pretty amazing ways.
- SEO—Developing great SEO (search engine optimization) on your website through an active blog is a super way to attract organic traffic to your website. Depending on your business, ads may not be necessary if you key in on SEO.
- Lead Magnet—The free offer your ad offers that your target audience wants in exchange for their name and email address. This can be anything from a 1-page pdf checklist to a full-blown ebook or video training.
- Opt-In or Landing Page—The page on your website that hosts your Lead Magnet offer. This includes sales copy and an order form that’s been written and designed in your EMS.
- Email Autoresponders—The series of follow-up emails sent to those who just gave you their email address. They nudge your new leads along the buying process, concluding with a sales offer that’s related to the lead magnet.
Once these are all in place, you basically “push start” and let them go.
How I Can Help with Your Lead Gen Campaigns
Lead generation campaigns aren’t rocket science, but they do take a fair bit of strategic planning, good sales copy and appealing design.
I can help you with your lead generation campaign(s) or even manage the whole project.